Thursday, July 9, 2009

July boys embrace each day, celebrating life in every way.

Happy 15th birthday Dakota!


I really can't believe my first baby is 15. His birthday was the 8th, but I started writing this post on the 9th and here it is almost the end of the month before I am actually finishing and posting it. I think I get the award for super procrastinator. Or maybe I'm just busy, yes, that's it, I'm busy. (Justification is guilt relieving). Anyway, back to number 1. It's amazing how it seems like just yesterday that we brought home this little bundle of crying, pooping, nursing, crying, pooping, nursing, crying, and did I mention crying, bundle of JOY. In fact, to illustrate just how much this child cried, below is a picture of my sister Gina holding him at my baby shower. Here, Gina is vowing never to have children, my sister Kerri is in the background nervously laughing, my friend Jill is wondering when he will take another breath, Elizabeth is looking for her ear plugs and Dakota is wailing like it's his birthday. Good times, Good times.


Even though I read all the child-rearing books from cover to cover multiple times, nothing could quite prepare me for the insanity and noise level that Dakota brought into our simple, carefree, and very quiet home. If he wasn't eating, he was crying, and if he wasn't crying, he was eating. It was an exhausting cycle of white noise, tip-toeing, and praying for peace that thankfully only lasted about 3 months.

Here Kieth is enjoying a rare moment of quiet time while also rocking a sexy mullet. Yes, he used to have hair.

Bath time
Dakota was a curious and mischievous little guy.

Ready for church.

Dakota with grandma and grandpa, one of his favorite places to be.

Dakota loved to play in my bathtub.

Here is a good shot of his rooster cal lick.


Three cheers to an incredible 15 years and a lifetime of adventure ahead.

1 comment:

cynthia said...

aah.. what a tribute.. the time does fly!!! thank god he stopped crying..