Tuesday, December 23, 2008

All Things Christmas

Trimming the tree, decorating ginger bread houses, baking goodies, wrapping gifts......We have been busy enjoying the season of Christmas. Decorating the tree is one of the highlights of my year. In years past we have had different themes and color schemes for our Christmas tree, and this year I wanted red poinsettias. The boys are pretty good about letting me get my way with the tree decorations. It's about the only thing I get my way with in a houseful of boys. I did give in one year and let them decorate it their way, with every ornament we ever purchased and all those handcrafted goodies such as macaroni and construction paper ornaments from many years of school projects. But after that year, I decided to buy the boys their own tree and let them decorate it so I could have my "pretty" tree back. Don't get me wrong, handcrafted Kindergarten ornaments are precious memories to me, but I just don't want them on my tree. Tis the season.......

No comments: